May 23, 2016
JSAR publications are freely available for viewing or download. Click on the links below to view/download individual articles or each full volume.
Volume 6, Issue 1 (full pdf)
- Editorial. Meredith, T.
- Deriving Objective Probability of Detection for Missing-Person Search: Validating Use of Effective Sweep Width and Associated Mathematical Models. Chiacchia, KB & Houlahan, HE
- Optimizing Wilderness Search and Rescue: Discovery and Outcome. Rossmo, DK, Velarde, L & Mahood, T
- Postmortem submersion intervals in the River Thames. Greatbatch, I, Livingstone, D, Hunter, G & Saunderson, Y
Volume 5, Issue 1 (full pdf)
- Editorial. Greatbatch, I
- Object recognition and detection: Potential implications from vision science for wilderness searching. McClanahan, S.
- ECHO: Developing a multi-hazard incident risk assessment tool for swiftwater and flood rescue. Glassey, S.
- Book Review: NORTH SHORE RESCUE If You Get Lost Today, Will Anyone Know? by Allen Billy. Peterson, R.
- New Zealand Search and Rescue fatality data: Creating targeted prevention messaging. MacIver, K, Thirkell, C, Mitchell, G, van der Meulen, C & Asbury, EA
Volume 4, Issue 2 (full pdf)
Volume 4, Issue 1 (full pdf)
- Editorial. Koester, R
- “History of the William G. Syrotuck Symposium on Search Theory and Practice” Long, C
- “William Syrotuck Foreword” LaValla, R
- List of Syrotuck Symposium 2018 Presentation Abstracts
- “Lost Person Behavior – Statistics from Iceland” Eysteinsson, E
- “Constructive Deviance in Search and Rescue Teams: Getting Around Regulations” Rhea, I. Haws, J. & Hammond, SC
- “Highly Reliable Teams in Search and Rescue: Seven Characteristics of Excellence” Hammond, SC & Taylor, JY
- “Land Search and Rescue Probability of Detection: New sweep widths values, correction factors, models, and detection model validation” Koester, RJ
- “Enhancements to Statistical Probability of Area Models based upon updated ISRID data collection for Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Typically Developing Children” Koester, RJ
- “A Pragmatic Approach to Applied Search Theory” Mansfield, G, Carlson, J., Merrifield, D., Rosenberg, E., Swanson, E. & Templin, P.
- “The U.S. National Search and Rescue School – Inland” Rockwood, GC
- “The SAR Planning ‘P’ Process” Wright, S & Smith, R
- “The Search Intelligence Process” Young, CS
- William G. Syrotuck Symposium on Search Theory and Practice Participants
Volume 3, Issue 1 (full pdf)
Volume 2, Issue 1 (full pdf)
Volume 1, Issue 3 (full pdf)
Volume 1, Issue 2 (full pdf)
Volume 1, Issue 1 (full pdf)